Sunday, January 11, 2009

Exercise really does make you feel great!

Well I have had my Wii Fit for a week now. And I really do like it! The exercises are very basic, but that's ok. It's what I needed to start myself getting back into shape. I really like the cardio section. I find some of them challenging, but feel myself starting to get better at them. I also like the Yoga. I have never really done yoga before, but I think once I get used to the basics of it I might go and get a Yoga video. The aerobics on it are not my favorite. I think the running in place seems to be the most effective, but totally boring. It is much more fun just to do an aerobics DVD.

For the past 7 days I have worked out for at least 30mins every day. Thank goodness my almost 2year old naps, and Damon is such an easy going guy because if not I don't know when I would find the time to get that 30mins in and take a shower!

I forgot how much better you feel when you are getting exercise!! I feel great! I have more energy and I feel happier. Not that I wasn't happy before, but I don't get crabby as easily and I also have more patients. Which is something I NEED with Alec going through the 'terrible twos' phase.

I am having fun working out too! I find myself looking foreword to it and wanting to do it more. It doesn't feel like a chore at all. My next goal its to continue what I did this week for a month. I want exercise to become a habit!

Yay me!!

No comments: