Saturday, April 12, 2008

"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. If you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes."
Author: Walter Schirra, Sr.


Well a few weeks ago we got the results back from my amnio, and the baby is healthy! What wonderful news that was. We also got some other delightful news, we are having another boy!! We are SO excited that Alec will have a little brother. I can't wait to see them grow together, they will only be about 19 months apart in age! There are some very busy times coming in my future, but I can't wait!

This pregnancy is going great! I can't believe that I am almost half way through it! I my belly is growing much fast this pregnancy, and I have been feeling movement daily since about 15 weeks. Its unbelievable how fast time is going by! I wish I had a pause button for life.

Some other news in the Neva house hold... Alec swallowed a screw this past week! It scared me half to death. He found it somewhere in his bedroom, I have absolutely no idea where it came from! I saw him put it in his mouth, but before I could get it out he had swallowed it. We took him to the ER and sat there from 10:30-2:00, a very long time. They took an x-ray and we got to see it sitting in his tummy,(kinda cool to see). They aren't going to do anything about it now, we just have to wait for it to pass through his system. Which means we get to go through all his stinky diapers looking for it. (yay) If we do not find it in the next three weeks, we have to take him to his doctor for another x-ray, and who knows what else they might want to do. It has been about 4 days since it happened, and we have still not found the screw.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! Alec is going to be an awesome big brother! I really hope that screw finds it's way out...